Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Food Epiphany.....

I really had a huge breakthru about "who I was being with food" before my surgery....and "who I am being NOW with food" after surgery...
Before my surgery... I loved going out with friends for lunch, dinner.... or meeting over coffee or breakfast - all these little "get togethers" surrounded food ! Wow, I just am amazed... it was such a wonderful realization...before surgery I would be focused on where & what we would eat...and have great conversation and once the food arrived ... my attention span shifted to the inanimate substance sitting delectably in front of me! I didn't realize until I went to dinner last night...Knowing that no matter WHAT is in front of me - foodwise - I would not be able to stuff myself...focus on it too much, etc. So, my mind shifted...I had to make a conscience shift to focus on my environment...the others around me...and the whole conversations.
THAT was when it hit me....this was something completely new for me...This dinner was not about the good food...it was about those around me...visiting....enjoying the environment....and soaking up the evening like I don't ever think I've done.I'm excited...this is completely new thinking for me!!WOW...

No comments: