Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"How Much Water Should We Drink??"

H2O - Most experts agree that a good rule of thumb is to drink at least eight 8-oz. glasses of water. But....everyone is different...I've been hearing this for years) we all have unique water needs, depending on many factors. There used to be a hydration calculater on Brita.com...(now it's not there...)....today I found a new one when I was checking out info on Penta Water.....Thought I'd share it with you all. I know my Dr. says a minimum of 50oz. and on this board many say at least 64oz. This IBWA Hydration Calculator is easy to use...just enter you weight and the # of minutes you will be exercising today - and the calculator will tell you the recommended water intake that is tailored for your individual need. Cool thing....it also gives you a schedule of the best times of day to fulfill your daily requirement.Sounds cool huh....???
_________________________________
Here is mine:
Your total water intake today should be approximately:

122.5 oz. The best time of day for you to drink water-

  • WAKE UP
  • BEFORE BREAKFAST
  • MID A.M.
  • BEFORE LUNCH
  • MID P.M.
  • BEFORE DINNER
  • MID EVENING
  • BEFORE BED

(Remember: 80% of this amount is met by consuming water and beverages, while the other 20% is derived from foods.)
~little disclaimer~ I copied most of this information from the site where the calculator lives!!

_______________________________________________________

In case you didn't notice...I'm trying to motivate myself in my water drinking....I've been sooo bad with my hydration....Here are more WATER FACTS:Water's Role in the BodyWater helps nearly every part of the human body function efficiently. Considering that our bodies are almost two-thirds water, it is important to understand water's role in healthy lifestyles. The following are just some of the things water does in the body:

  • Brain is 75% water /
  • Moderate dehydration can cause headaches and dizziness
  • Water is required for breathing
  • Regulates body temperature
  • Carries nutrients and oxygen to all cells in the body
  • Blood is 92% water
  • Moistens oxygen for breathing
  • Protects and cushions vital organs
  • Helps to convert food into energy
  • Helps body absorb nutrients
  • Removes waste
  • Bones are 22% water
  • Muscles are 75% water
  • Cushions joints

Hoping you will get as much from this info as I am....It's all sooo interesting!!

No comments: