Thursday, May 17, 2007

In my opinion....I think the WHOLE ISSUE is lack of communication....I know that it definitely 'takes two' even though that sounds cliche'....but it's true - It takes two to get together...and two to split.If BOTH are not completely committed thru thick and thin it's difficult - b/c one side can only hold up 'your one side of the bargain'.... - it's just a recipe for disaster.
_________________________________________
I have heard of many couples splitting after WLS....but I wonder if that is b/c of the insecurity in the mate - OR our "new found confidence"??? I'd be likely to believe that it is a combination of the two....
__________________________________________________
I just wonder if as we are loosing weight...if WE feel disappointed that we are not given the accolades we need for our accomplishments...for our self-esteem...and our journey. And when we don't get that from our mate/partner...we contribute to their insecurities if we don't tell them...or talk to them about it.On the other side....this is a blow to the gut to our mate too. I think it's necessary that THEY go thru some sort of counseling for themselves....OUR LIFE CHANGE effects them too...and I believe if they do not go thru the 'emotional & mental' changes of life deals them with our weight-loss and new found self-esteem and confidence that may be difficult for them.One thing I have to CONSTANTLY remember is...as I gained weight - my husband dealt with my obesity in a 'certain way'...and now that I'm thin...he has to deal with that AS WELL.... This is NOT ONLY my journey....but the journey of my entire family! Just as my weight affected my life...it affected my husbands and daughters life. The same is true of my weight - loss.....
__________________________________________________
I'm still processing thru all of this....PLEASE KNOW, this is not directed to ANYONE in particular...just my ramblings of fluid thought & how I am processing my own journey with my issues with my Spouse.

No comments: