Wednesday, December 17, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS: 32mos. Post Op


What a wonderful LIFE!

I certainly am thrilled about my weight loss...and maintenance.

Last night I watch one of my most favorite reality shows -- THE BIGGEST LOSER -- I absolutely LOVE that show! I did the math to percentage of weight I have lost in my 161 lbs. I've lost -- 48.2%! I was amazed...wow.


I feel proud...emotional...connected to those people on such a deep level. I don't think their success is MORE SUCCESSFUL...or that my journey is easier...or that I've taken the "easy way out". It's just DIFFERENT.


I like to look at the similarities...we started in the same place...
  • Morbidly Obese

  • In denial about how we were feeling...

  • Depressed

  • Hurting - physically & mentally

  • STUCK!

And then we ended in the same place...


  • Healthy weight

  • Educated about food

  • Educated about exercise

  • Hopefully more sane

  • LESS PAIN

  • Thrilled with a new lease on LIFE!!!
The only difference is....we took a different pathway! I know, for me, that I could've lost weight that way too! I am a strong, capable woman! Not to mention in my late 20's I lost 120's with Weight watchers and Jazzercise! My problem was during that process....I was SOOOO focused on my weight loss...that I didn't properly HEAL my inner self!

Unfortunately, I gained every pound back + about 35 additional pounds! Now....I have a completely different lease on LIFE.


DONT BE MISTAKEN-- I'm NOT completely OVER my my eating issues...I'll need to blog on those thoughts later -- PROMISE I WILL!!


For now, my encouragement to you is.... just enjoy life....be encouraged....and make a choice -- and BELIEVE!!


Believe in yourself...that no matter your pathway you choose YOU CAN DO THIS!!! -----------------------------------------------------



LIFE IS GREAT!!!
























MY LOVE....















Most thankful that My sweet daughter Isabella will have a Mom that can be active with her...live LIFE...and not hold her back - or pass on unhealthy behaviors!

No comments: