Thursday, November 24, 2005

Continuous Possitive Airway Pressure ~ CPAP


My doctor agreed that there was an overwhelming amount of evidence that the C-PAP machine will aid me in my sleeping!! WOW....I slept an overwhelming 71% of my night in restorative sleep b/c of the C-PAP.....
Can't beat that...so, he wrote me a perscription...and it only cost me a little over $100 to get it~ It is going to take a bit of time to get 'used' to the blowing into my face as I'm trying to catch my breath and fall asleep...but if it continues to feel strange I can push a special button that will lessen the pressure of the air, and gradually build up over 25min. period to the calibration that is good for me!
So...we'll see. I like the feeling of sleeping better~ And am thrilled that I don't have to pay hundreds as well as have a significant reason for having the RNY. I'll have my hubby take some picture of me in my C-PAP "getup"...quite humorous...it's a laugh!!~

No comments: