Thursday, February 02, 2006

FLOATING....wow!



So in the first week we are not beginning the actual Wellness program for another week. We are going to read the first chapter...and practice Drinking Water!!!
Did you know???

  • Of all the earth's water, 97% is salt water found in oceans and seas.
  • Only 1% of the earth's water is available for drinking water. Two percent is currently frozen.
  • Water has been called "the most essential nutrient."
  • A person can live for weeks without food, but only for a few days without water.
  • Water makes up, on average, 60 percent of your body's weight.
  • Every system in your body depends on water.
  • On average, your body losses 8 - 12 cups of water a day
We are going to practice drinking 1/2 our body weight in ounzes of water...WOW...that is 160 oz. of water a day for me!! FLOATING....I'm floating at 65 oz!!
How much water should we drink?? I used to know of a water test on brita.com...but, it's not there anymore....hmmmm? At about 290# I needed to drink 13 glasses of water a day...so that is nearly 104 oz.
I'm trying to get my water in...but, I don't know if I can get in 1/2 my body weight...

No comments: