Tuesday, April 18, 2006

SURGERY on Schedule...

This is my last update before my gastric bypass surgery...
This week has been a little tough...but, only one more day of the liquid diet before my surgery Thanks for all your prayers...I'm sure you know what a awesome husband I have...he has joined me in this liquid journey.... & "We've" been doing the liquid diet together...
On the health scene...I am feeling great and do not have any cold or congestion from my virus 2 weeks ago...yea!!

I have to check into Vista Hospital of Dallas - Wednesday at 8am

I am fine...not nervous or anything...I'm actually excited. I am a little nervous about the pain I will feel later - for those of you who don't know ...I am a HUGE baby about pain...I had a hard time dealing with an ingrown toenail!

Please pray for....


My safety in surgery....Wednesday, 4/19 @ 9:30am.

  • The doctor's hands...and safe proceedures...as well as no complications. (Dr. Wade Barker)
  • That my anesthegiologist will be wise & knowledgeble...and take care of me while I am under.
  • My friend Kathryn as she babysit's Isabella Wednesday...and that Isabella will be obedient and play nicely with Kyle.
  • That my mother will have safe travel to and from Dallas...and as Isabella is with her in SanAntonio while I recover -
  • And that Isabella will be obedient...kind to the animals...and not scared at my Mom's house. (She gets a little nervous there...at night time.)
  • That my pain will be minimal after the surgery...and that pain meds will be sufficient and effective.
  • That I will walk and do all that is necessary to help me recover quickly.
  • That I will be a good patient...
  • That my sister will have safe travel to and from Dallas this weekend when she comes.
  • That I will adjust to the hard work that is ahead of me as I adjust to my new changes.
  • That I will eat and follow all my instructions, so I will not have trouble with malnutrition & dehydration.
  • That I will drink all my liquids & proteins.
  • And follow thru with my exercise program.
  • Aside from the surgery...
    Please Pray for....
    • The preparation and sale of our home
    • Our new NYC apartment...and accommodations for our cats with us
    • A place to keep our kitties for 3 weeks in June...while we are traveling - looking for our apartment, going to my cousin Tiff's wedding and visiting the Hornsteins
    • Pack up of the rest of our things going to NYC
    • Sale of the excess items either on eBay or Estate Sale
    • All misc. details will fall into place...and that we will not stress with one another!
    Thanks sooo much for your friendship and support...
    Until I'm feeling better....
    thanks for your prayers & love, Deborah

    No comments: