Tuesday, October 16, 2007

JOURNAL: "Pre-Bariatric Surgery weight loss..."

  • "Obese patients who lose up to 10 percent of body weight before bariatric surgery have more rapid postoperative weight loss?? "1

I didn't lose ANY weight before my surgery....and although, I think that it's a good idea - I think this is a rediculous quote...and I am living proof that's it most likely not true. By my one year surgi-versary I had lost over 77% of my excess weight...now, 18mos post op....I've lost 86% of my excess weight!

According to an online article....it's seems to think differently:

  • "Those who lost more than 10 percent of their excess weight before surgery were more than twice as likely to have lost 70 percent of excess weight one year afterward, compared with those who lost between none and 5 percent of their excess pounds before surgery."2

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! I really hate this sesational crap-o-la...

________________________

ANYWAY...it's not about a "formula" - it's about working hard...learning about nutrition...practicing a good exercise behavior...making good choices...having self-control...and being authentic with your inner self and WHY you got to became morbidly obese in the first place!

1 & 2 - United Press International; "Pre-bariatric surgery weight loss helpful"- Published: 16, 2007 at 5:17 PM

No comments: