Friday, September 09, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel...


This is a journal & blog of my journey. After seeing my surgeon yesterday….it’s a combination of excitement & bewilderment and careful consideration in traveling down this road. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel…gastric bypass surgery – I can’t believe that I am finally at the crossroads to do something drastic like weight loss surgery. The method is thru laparoscopic roux-en-y gastric bypass. The link I’ve attached previously is fascinating….everything and more you may want to check out about this procedure. – different from my previous blogs…

I have had some fear about telling people my decision to have this surgery. The actual fear is really about what they will think, say, feel about MY life decision. I should say OUR…because I definitely could not make this type of serious decision without my mate…what a support he has been for me! I saw my family doctor today….I felt nervous to tell him, but to no avail, he was very very supportive. I’m amazed & thrilled for his support, now he’s not only educating me in what to expect…as well as giving supporting me in the tons of things I need to complete…some for health checks…..others for insurance reasons – all of which have to be complete before I have surgery. I am frustrated about the ‘insurance hoops’ that have to be jumped thru…6 months to wait …I’m resolved to this now….but, I’m still counting down the months.

No comments: