Friday, September 16, 2005

Out patient proceedure...


Today I was at Vista Hospital…..my surgeon, Dr. Barker, did my EGD today….a fairly simple procedure – for me anyhow. LOL. I literally got into my little room, my anesthesiologist got my IV going…and they wheeled me into the procedure room. All I remember is getting in there….and then my anesthesiologist had me start to count backwards from 100. All I remember, “100, 99, 98…..” OUT!! Then the next thing I know, and hour and half had past and I’m back in my little room. ~ Wow!! Now that was happy juice!! ~ (Check out my EKG tabs!)
The interesting thing about the EGD procedure is it is necessary for Dr. Barker to see the area that he will be operating on…and check out what is going on with my reflux. Just one more step before my Roux-En-Y surgery next spring.
Have I mentioned that I can nearly see the light at the end of the tunnel?? Just thinking about loosing the weight…finally!!
Being 5’7” (I’m still bitter…) – and according to the FDA I should weigh – 140#...so, that would make me 184# over weight – Super Morbidly Obese. WOW. I climbed into another range of obesity when my BMI became greater than 50…..mine is 51. It’s outrageous to just say it all out loud…this journey started years before now…it’s been overwhelming, bordering on treacherous & long, successful at times & full of defeats most of the other times. I think I’ve figured that I have lost over 100# in the last 3 yrs….but, I’m still at my heaviest weight I’ve ever been!
It’s funny to think of how I feel alien to my actual body., I love who I am…I just am not fond of my “shell” I am living in. I am a skinny woman inside…whose been swallowed up by a ‘Fat Girl!’ ~ Let me out !! I’m thrilled at the idea of getting freed from this ‘Fat Jail…” What I look like is not who I am…These “steps” are refreshing…I’m excited about every step until my surgery date & mentally ready for this now…I hope I can look at the positive, instead of focusing on how long until my date. I am committing on full disclosure on how I am feeling …what I think….& what I experience. GOOD – BAD – ENCOURAGING –DISCOURAGING…I am committing to be fully present…courageous….open…& joyful.

No comments: