Wednesday, September 28, 2005

STRESS Test...... Aaaah!!!

TODAY – I went to Dr. Fred Maese’s for Cardiac Clearance for my surgery. I didn’t know what that meant until they told me I was going to do a stress test! Aaaahhh! My mother-in-law has done several of them when she has had heart issues – I dreaded this…but pushed thru. This stress test was SOOO HARD…but necessary, I first had to get another IV….and then had to walk on this treadmill (pretty fast) for at least 7 minutes…but he wanted me to do it for 15!! Nine & a half was all I could give…and thankfully the tech gave me something in my IV to get me thru the experience…and then put me in this machine that encircled my upper torso…and took pictures of my heart!!~ At the end, I got to actually SEE my heart BEATING….soooo cool! Dr. Maese said my heart was beautiful. This was soooo neat! What an amazing experience after the hard treadmill stuff was over. I am cleared for surgery – this is great news!! (And now, I off to do the series of other required tests and appointments! ~) Just looking at my heart...seeing all the facets of how it works....watching it beat - God is amazing...what a designer.
Tomorrow, My Honey, and I are off to the Advanced Course ~ I am excited about this time we have to go thru this together….learning MORE of what we didn’t know that we didn’t know. I love this tool in my life, and am sooo thankful for my faith in God…and trust that He will use this powerfully to teach me to see who I am. ~

No comments: