Friday, October 07, 2005

Sleep Apnea...


I went to my family doctor today to check in…as well as get the reading the results of my sleep test. I do have sleep apnea…and it sounds like it’s pretty severe. I am glad that this will be great evidence for my cause with the insurance company. (But…as for living – yuck!! It’s no wonder I don’t feel great…and feel exhausted all the time!)

I am sleeping 70% of my night in Stage 2 – which is outrageous!! I should be getting about 40% in Stage 2 and significantly more in Stages 3 & 4. Thru the night I had “121 episodes”….all I know about these are, that I have to stop breathing for longer than 10 seconds to have it be considered an “episode.” This adds up over one night…and causes me to keep coming out of my better stages of sleep, and keeps me from experiencing REM sleep…of which I am getting about 4%.

So, back to the TSD to see if some sort of C-Pap machine will help me feel better…and not feel sooo exhausted! I'm just wanting some sort of relief ~ with my weight and sleep!

3 comments:

Pat said...

You've put so much together on this blog in such a short time! It's fabulous. Until you are able to add this to your links, I'll add it to mine, okay?

I'm proud of you, friend!

Jaden's Mom said...

Hey :)

Pat, of JustPat fame, steered me in the direction of your blogs.

I had gastric bypass surgery in May '04, and I have never regretted it!!! It is such an amazing gift to give yourself. It is going to CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!

You have no idea the impact this surgery is going to have on you...It's not all sunshine and lollipops (because lollipops are forbidden after surgery), and there are struggles to be faced, but even with all of that, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

YOU GO GIRL!!

I'll keep checking your blog...this is exciting!!!

Pat said...

I'm looking forward to more posts about your journey, Deb.